Libraries are essential. Especially in challenging times.
We face an unprecedented crisis and it can sometimes be difficult to not let it overwhelm us. The library can provide hope and unity in a troubled time. The Tilton Library stands ready to serve our community, with confidence for all we can do together now and in the future.
We have risen to the challenges in many ways so we can continue to serve our community.
At Tilton Library we are proud to serve as a community hub, providing free and open access to information, technology, and ideas. While COVID-19 halted in-person activity for libraries across the country, we took action so patrons could continue to learn, grow, and socialize with each other safely.
This year we have:
- Boosted our online offerings, including a substantial expansion of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Offered a range of virtual programs in topics like yoga, ukulele lessons, and author talks
- Brought the Summer Reading Program to kids, teens, and adults in the form of community literary journals delivered through the mail.
- Collected patrons’ COVID stories to be placed in the Tilton history archives.
- Collaborated with other local libraries to bring you free safe outdoor events like tickets to the local drive-in.
- Ran a weekly Saturday outdoor “pop-up” library., have been operating a curbside pickup program, and have begun to let patrons safely inside the building by appointment to browse and use the computer.
Now, more than ever, our community needs us. And we need you.Families need the free education and entertainment the library provides. Individuals need access to computers and printing, internet, books, movies, news, and magazines. Job hunters need information. Others enjoy the programs and the peaceful atmosphere. The Tilton Library has them all.
Please make a gift today so we can continue to serve all who need us both now and in the future.
Your generous donation at this critical time will ensure that the community needs continue to be met.
Candace Bradbury-Carlin, Director
TILTON LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES:
James Cambias | Nancy Maynard | Kathleen O’Rourke |
Elizabeth Schmitt | Marjorie Shearer | Cynthia Von Flatern | Satu Zoller