The Tilton Library’s curbside pickup service hours have changed slightly: Mondays 11-4, Tuesdays 1-5, Wednesdays 11-4, Thursdays 1-7, and Saturdays 11-4.
It is our goal to have items ready for pickup during the same day as the order, or by the next business day. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, we are operating with a limited number of staff in our building during limited hours. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- STEP 1: Identify item(s) you would like to borrow:
- Search for an available item(s) in C/WMARS .
- See if the book/dvd/audiobook(s) in the Deerfield/Tilton collection (click the drop down menu list of libraries) are available or checked out, and make a list...
- OR place the item(s) on hold.
- If you don’t have access to a computer you can call us 413-665-4683 and ask us to help you find what you are looking for.
- STEP 2: Place your order
Call us at 413-665-4683 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. OR leave us a message. Please CLEARLY state your full name, phone number, and library card number if you know it.
- All orders will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Most orders will be ready for pickup that day or by the next business day.
- If we are closed or busy when you place your order on the answering machine or email, we will get back to you as soon as we can to help you place an order, and an appointment can be made for day and time for pickup.
- OR place a hold. NOTE: When your item(s) are available, and you get an email or text notification, please call the library to make an appointment for curbside pickup. If you get phone call notifications (instead of email or text), then library staff will make an appointment for curbside pickup when they call you.
- STEP 3: Arrive at the library at your assigned pick-up time.
- Items will be placed in a weather-proof utility shed right outside the library, in a paper bag labeled with your first initial and last name, as well as appointment date/time.
- Staff may not be available due to social distancing; if you have questions or concerns please call us at 413-665-4683 or email@example.com.
Items May Be Returned, BUT...
You may return your library items. Please place them in the outside drop box, located to the right of the main entry door (the door closest to the parking lot). But, it may take a while for those items to get checked in as all returned items need to be quarantined for 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will there be a delay between when I order my items and when I can pick them up?
Maybe. It is our goal to get items ready for pickup that day or by the next business day. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, we are operating with a limited number of staff in our building during limited hours. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Can I get items owned by other libraries at this time?
What precautions are library staff taking?
Library staff are taking precautions for the safety and health of our patrons and staff. All returned library materials will be isolated for 72 hours before they are checked in, and then wiped down.
All staff working in the library will adhere to social distancing practices, including the use of separate work stations and maintenance of 6’ or more between individuals.
To protect our patrons, all staff members will wear gloves and masks when handling materials for curbside pickup. Our zero-contact method of delivering materials involves placing materials on a table just outside the library doors for pick-up.
What if I don’t know what book or other item I want?
We can select items for you after asking you a few questions.
What if it’s raining?
All curbside pickup orders will be placed in a weather-proof shed outside the library.
How much do you miss library patrons?
SO much!!! We hope you are all safe and healthy!