The Tilton Library is offering curbside pickup services: Mondays 1-5, Wednesdays 11-3, Thursdays 3-7, and Saturdays 11-3 for the time being. We hope to expand those hours eventually!
It is our goal to have items ready for pickup on the next business day. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, we are operating with a limited number of staff in our building during limited hours. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- STEP 1: Request an item OWNED by the Tilton Library (we are only able to lend materials from our library at the moment)
- Search for an available item owned by the Deerfield/Tilton Library in C/WMARS . There is a drop-down menu for list of libraries, be sure to select Deerfield Tilton Library.
- See if the book/dvd/audiobook is available or checked out and make a list of no more than 5 items. (Amount limits may differ in each department like the Children’s picture books)
- If you don’t have access to a computer you can call us 413-665-4683 and ask us if we have what you are looking for.
- Step 2: Place your order
Call us at 413-665-4683 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. OR leave us a message. Please CLEARLY state your full name, phone number, and library card number if you know it.
- All orders will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Most orders will be ready for pickup on the next business day.
- If we are closed or busy when you place your order on the answering machine or email, we will get back to you as soon as we can to help you place an order, and an appointment can be made for day and time for pickup.
- Step 3: Arrive at the library at your assigned pick-up time.
- Items will be placed on a table outside the library in a paper bag with your initials, appointment date/time, and department (adult/teen or children’s) attached.
- There will be a table for adult and teen materials, and a table for children’s materials
- Staff will not be available due to social distancing; if you have questions or concerns please call us at 413-665-4683 or email@example.com.
Items May Be Returned, BUT...
Yes, you may return your library items. But, it may take a while for those items to get checked in as all returned items need to quarantined for 72 hours. And we will be getting a lot of returns at once, so if you are able to hang onto your items just ask us to renew them for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will there be a delay between when I order my items and when I can pick them up?
Maybe. It is our goal to get items ready for pickup the next business day. Library staff will do our best to retrieve materials from our collection in a timely manner. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, we are operating with a limited number of staff in our building during limited hours. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Can I get items owned by other libraries at this time?
Not at this time. Because our delivery system remains suspended, we are unable to receive deliveries of materials from other libraries in the C/WMARS System at this time, and can only fill requests for materials in our collection.
Can I talk to library staff in person when I come to pick up my holds?
No. As much as we would like to speak with our patrons directly, the revised Safer at Home order is very clear that these curbside services must be delivered in a way that minimizes person-to-person contact. If you have a question please call us at 413-665-4683.
What precautions are library staff taking?
Library staff are taking precautions for the safety and health of our patrons and staff. All returned library materials will be isolated for 72 hours before they are checked in, and then wiped down.
All staff working in the library will adhere to social distancing practices, including the use of separate work stations and maintenance of 6’ or more between individuals.
To protect our patrons, all staff members will wear gloves and masks when handling materials for curbside pickup. Our zero-contact method of delivering materials involves placing materials on a table just outside the library doors for pick-up.
What if I have holds that have been sitting on the self-pickup holds shelf since you closed in mid-March?
If you’d like to pick up these items, contact us at 413-665-4683 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a curbside pickup appointment with you! However, these holds will not expire during this time.
What if I don’t know what book or other item I want?
We can select items for you after asking you a few questions.
What if it’s raining?
We plan on having a tent over the tables placed outside.
I’m not sure how to look for items in C/WMARS owned by Deerfield/Tilton Library.
Search for an available item owned by the Deerfield/Tilton Library in C/WMARS . There is a drop-down menu for list of libraries, be sure to select Deerfield Tilton Library. Or, just give us a call or email and we’ll walk you through the process!
How much do you miss library patrons?
SO much!!! We hope you are all safe and healthy!