1) When will the library re-open?
We are now offering curbside pickup services. Click HERE for more details.
At this time we are on pause for the indoor browsing and computer use, due to an increase in COVID cases in the area.
2) How do I get a new library card if the building is not allowing patrons in the building?
When seeking a new library card (you only need a new card if you do not have a card from any other local library), please email us at email@example.com or call us at 413-665-4683 and give us the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing address (number – including apt # if there is one, street, town, state, zip code)
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Birth Date (day/month/year)
Before we can issue you a card we do need to see proof of residence. You can either email us a copy of your i.d. or make an appt to come to the front door and show a staff person your i.d. through the glass.
There will be a form to sign when you pickup your card. Once that is all done you will have your new Tilton Library card!
NOTE: Please see Borrower’s Information Policy for more details about borrowing library items.
3) How do I access digital resources, like e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and videos?
There are two great ways to check out digital resources:
Boston Public Library eCard
We are happy to help you access these digital resources. Just reach out!
4) What does Overdrive offer?
The digital content includes: 110 magazine titles; almost 70,000 ebooks; almost 21,000 audiobooks; and around 1,500 videos.
NOTE: When signing in to C/W MARS Overdrive with your library card number, you will need your library account password. If you don’t remember your password and want to reset it, click here.
5) What does a Boston Public Library eCard give me access to?
A lot! Explore their online resources to see what an eCard offers you. Resources include: Kanopy (film streaming); Hoopla Streaming Media; Classical Music Library (50,000+ tracks!); language learning; Ancestry; newspapers (New York Times); databases; online courses; and so much more.
6) Can I place a hold on a book or DVD from another library, and pick it up at Tilton Library?
7) My CWMARS library account is about to expire, what do I do?
Please call us and we’ll be happy to renew your card for you!
8) Can I return library items to the book drop?
Yes, you may return your library items. But, it may take a little while for those items to get checked in as all returned items need to quarantined for 24 hours.
9) I have book donations, can I drop them off?
Thank you very much, but we are not currently accepting book donations or donations of other items (DVDs, audiobooks, etc).