1) When will the library re-open?
We are now offering curbside pickup services. Click HERE for more details. The building will still remained closed for now, but you will be able to order materials to be picked up by appointment on tables outside the library.
2) How do I access digital resources, like e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and videos?
There are two great ways to check out digital resources:
Boston Public Library eCard
We are happy to help you access these digital resources. Just reach out!
3) What does Overdrive offer?
The digital content includes: 110 magazine titles; almost 70,000 ebooks; almost 21,000 audiobooks; and around 1,500 videos.
NOTE: When signing in to C/W MARS Overdrive with your library card number, you will need your library account password. If you don’t remember your password and want to reset it, click here.
4) What does a Boston Public Library eCard give me access to?
A lot! Explore their online resources to see what an eCard offers you. Resources include: Kanopy (film streaming); Hoopla Streaming Media; Classical Music Library (50,000+ tracks!); language learning; Ancestry; newspapers (New York Times); databases; online courses; and so much more.
5) Can I place a hold on a book or DVD from another library, and pick it up at Tilton Library?
STARTING JULY 20, you will be able to place holds for items from other libraries in the C W Mars network. Because the libraries in the network (including the Tilton) and our delivery company are still working with a somewhat limited capacity, it may take longer than before to receive your items. We appreciate your patience during this transition time.
6) My CWMARS library account is about to expire, what do I do?
Please call us and we’ll be happy to renew your card for you!
7) Can I return library items to the book drop?
Yes, you may return your library items. But, it may take a while for those items to get checked in as all returned items need to quarantined for 72 hours.
8) I have book donations, can I drop them off?
Thank you very much, but we are not currently accepting book donations or donations of other items (DVDs, audiobooks, etc).