This list contains information available to you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
The CDC, the main U.S. federal agency monitoring and responding to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- MedlinePlus: https://medlineplus.gov/coronavirusinfections.html
Intended for the general public, this health encyclopedia and information portal produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine provides background on coronaviruses, along with updated information and links concerning the 2019 novel coronavirus.
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
The WHO, a leading international health agency helping to coordinate the global response to the coronavirus outbreak, offers global news updates and helpful videos, answers common questions (Should I wear a mask to protect myself? How does this virus spread?), and dispels myths (no, gargling with mouthwash won’t protect against the virus).
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – COVID-19 Information: Information from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health on COVID-19. This site has the most up-to-date information about the virus and its effects in Massachusetts.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital’s Community Resource List.
- Visual Communication Card about COVID-19 for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing, created by the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Mindfulness Resources
- Disaster Stress Helpline from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: 1-800-985-5990. This is a 24/7, 365 day per year helpline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. It is toll-free, multilingual, and confidential.
- Tilton Library Free Wi-Fi: Wireless Internet is available in the library’s parking lot 24/7.